Thursday, January 5, 2012

Fresh Stuff

Welcome to a new year! I hope everyone celebrated in their own satisfactory way. I ushered in 2012 with a quiet night at home with loved ones and I would not have it any other way. I've been trying to get back into the swing of things, and been lucky enough to start off the month with some custom orders.

One of my favorite recently completed commissions is this rainbow cuff that a friend ordered at the house party she held -


The colors vary through the whole spectrum - red, orange, yellow, green, turquoise, blue, purple and black. The ends are all bright aluminum.


This piece was a nice challenge for me - I used whats called a "Dragonscale" pattern (it's sometimes also called Mermaid Mesh) which is a little tricky to begin with, but I also altered the it into a sort of fringed, zig-zag wave too. This is my favorite weave and though to be honest I had to put it down a few times because it was making my eyes buggy, I just loved working on it.

I've got plenty of new ideas for SCC this year. I'm hoping to get a few bigger shows in, including one or two outside of NY state. Also in the works are some new designs and one of a kind items, plus some larger scale  projects I've been meaning to get to for a while (chainmaille belts, anyone?).

Keep your eyes pealed, as I'll be updating the Shop and the blog here with lots of shiny. I can also be contacted by email for any custom requests.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment