Friday, February 17, 2012

Ssssssssparkly

2011_12_03 NYC

I was going through the few photos I took during my NYC excursion in December, and this fellow jumped out at me - An Emerald Tree Boa at Central Park Zoo. The slithery scales were so vibrant and bright, I wish the glass on the enclosure wasn't so dirty so you could see just how gorgeous the colors are. I know snakes don't float a lot of peoples boats, but I love the visual texture of snake skin. 

That might be why some of my favorite chainmaille patterns are "scale" styles - like Dragonscale


Rainbow patterns in Dragonscale are awesome - 

This piece was one I finished for a custom request - 
I love the fringed pattern and how the colors go through the spectrum.

Another one of my favorite snaky styles is called "Shenanigans"


This piece just called out for a matching clasp. I called this bracelet "Garden of Eden", because of the serpent influences, and the use of apple red rings.

There are even more patterns I have yet to learn, but hopefully sometime soon I will have them in my arsenal. Until then, I hope you enjoy examining the details of the intricate ring linking as much as I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment