Monday, August 15, 2011

Practice Practice Practice

I've been a busy B here in the salt mines, working my fingers to the bone making new jewelry as well as new callouses on my hands. With the Indie Garage Sale only a little over 4 days away (eep!), I've been working on my display table. While I've been lax in getting a banner made for my shop, I've been working on other aspects of my presentation. I have a few things ordered that will hopefully arrive just in time, but yesterday I thought I'd get started on a "trial run", which helps me see just what sort of pieces I have and what might need to be fixed or have extra work done to it.


That cover is what I've been using - Its just a plain old bed sheet! While it did serve a purpose, it didn't quite have that "finished" look. The ends of my table are still open, the color is faded, and it looks sort of tired. So I went to Target the other day and invested in an honest to goodness tablecloth - still black, but it'll give a much cleaner look.

I also got a second tablecloth to go on top
It's one of my "brand" colors

I've got a couple new display units coming, plus new pieces to show off - a real "body" of work if you will. If you're in the area, or you like to take a weekend drive, I hope you'll come out and see me at the Back to School Indie Garage Sale, this weekend. Saturday hours 11-6 and Sunday 11-4. Even if you dont buy anything you can just stop by and wish me an early Happy Birthday ;).

No comments:

Post a Comment