Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Spring Things

Hello again and welcome back to my little corner. Here in CNY the weather is finally making a turn for the warmer and I could not be happier. Spring comes with the promise of sunshine, daffodils, and the return of one of my favorite events - The Indie Garage Sale! Once again I will be joining a plethora of other fabulous local artists at the Jewish Community Center in Utica. Check out the list of vendors HERE.


I have been busy getting things ready- making more items I've sold out of, tweaking old items, and building up stock of some of my popular pieces. I went through my inventory and re-listed quite a few things in the SHOP. Check out some of these pretties - 

Chainmaille Rosebud Belly Ring Body Jewelry Chainmaille Ball Pendant - Porcupine in Blue and Black Chainmaille Disco Ball Earrings Japanese Weave Porcupine Dodecahedron


I've been on a kick this year of learning new techniques, and have taken to borrowing up to 20 books at a time from the library! Mostly about wire wrapping but also on the history of different jewelry styles as well as books on making things from recycled materials. Just last night I was practicing some wrapping to learn how to make my own clasps and findings for my chainmaille pieces:

(sorry for the dark photo - my house is perpetually dim and my phone takes bad pictures)

One of the other things I hope to improve this year is my shop presence - between photos and listing writing, to finally getting around to making a website. It's been on the backburner for far too long. I am starting tonight on the photo work though, by pricing out a new camera. I'm far from a pro but not quite a beginner, so any tips on equipment would be well appreciated.

I'll try to keep up with the blogging too - I have so many pieces I'd love to share. In the mean time, Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment