Tuesday, September 13, 2011

SCC Cooking - Soda Cupcakes

Ok, I'm by no means a chef or food stylist, but I had to share this recipe with you - it's just too good to keep to myself.


If you know me personally you will probably find my love for these a little shocking since I dont normally like chocolate, or boxed mix, but these are awesome because they are:

  1. Not Dense and,
  2. Not Dry
These cupcakes are so, so good. I was originally thinking of putting some Nutella frosting on them (because Nutella is the noms), but honestly? These dont need frosting -  They are that good.


Guess whats in it?

(I'm not a perfect photographer either.....)

Only 2 ingredients!
This mix made 18 cupcakes/muffins, but you could easily stretch it to 2 dozen.

Whisk together the soda and cake mix, then drop into lined muffin pants and bake in a 350 degree pre-heated oven for 18-2- minutes. You may have to adjust the time depending on your oven - mine runs hot, so yours may take a little longer. Check them at about 18 minutes - if they look "done", test one or two by sticking a toothpick in the center, and if it comes out clean, you're good to go.

I have to be honest, I didn't come up with this idea - Specifically I got the recipe from Hungry Girl, who has a lot of recipes for cakes that use only two ingredients. I'd heard of using canned pumpkin, but not soda so I knew I had to try it out! I'm so glad I did - with all the different versions and flavor combinations, I may never go back to "traditional" cakes. These taste to much better! My boyfriend and I each had one for dessert last night, and I brought in a few for my (male) coworkers today - it's funny how all these guys usually say they aren't much for sweets, but they all loved them! I bet you will, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment