Monday, April 18, 2011

SCC at the Spring 2011 Indie Garage Sale

Well, I'm back from this weekends excursion east/homeward for the Indie Garage Sale on Saturday. I thought I'd share a little bit with you about it.

My table

The weather outside wasn't so fun, but I was happy to find once I walked in that I had a more comfortable location this time around- set back from the doors, so I didn't freeze my buns off! The only sad thing was a misprint in the program meant that I wasn't even on the map! Oops. No worries, though. I had a lot of fun at this event, and came up with a lot of new ideas. I think my table setup was much better than at the Holiday show, but it could still use some work. Everything is a learning process. I also got a few tips on summer events to look into vending at, so stay tuned for news on that front!


Besides vending myself, I did my own part supporting fellow artists, too. I found a few nice Mothers Day gifts. I wont mention what I got, though - Who knows if little birdies will tweet in someones ear and spoil the surprise.

One side note I'll share - I got as many comments on my little origami stars and my boots as I did about my jewelry! Go figure. I actually had people ask me how much the stars were. I should have said they were $30 and came with a free pendant. Do you think that would've been a good marketing tactic?


There was coverage by the local news station, plus a local project called The Couch that was interviewing vendors and shoppers. If I see any other interesting articles on the event, I'll be sure to share them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment